Mountain View Women Fondly known as…”The Flamingos”
“Fabulous Ladies At MountainView IN God’s Ongoing Service”
We are a fun and lively group of women that reach out to each other,our congregation and to our community with the love of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We meet on the 4th Tuesday of each month to plot and scheme our activities.
Here are just some of the things we have done….
- We renovated the kitchen of The Lynchburg Women’s Shelter….. fresh paint, new cabinets, new floor, new sink, new countertops… it looks great!
- We sponsor “The Boutique” during the Annual Mountain View Yard Sale (where we collect and sell Ladies purses, jewelry and accessories)
- We have a Christmas Cookies Sale annually (“Cookies For the Kitchen”)
- We host a Back To School Mother’s Breakfast for the community
- We provide lunch at the Shepherd’s Table (a local soup kitchen)
- We provided babysitting assistance for a member in need of a little help
- We sponsored a collection of pet food and supplies to donate to the local SPCA
- We collected clothing for a local Women’s Shelter
- We’ve gotten together to make dinners to give away to those in need
- We’ve supported the Rainbow of Hope Quilt Auction
· We have had many Ladies Night Out
- We’ve gone to the movies together
- We love to be together!